Loaded Sweet Potatoes
This Recipe is a quick easy meal to make, and full of flavor! The recipe is from “Oh She Glows Every day”by Angela Liddon
2 medium sweet potatoes
For the Avocado Cilantro Crema
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 small clove garlic
1 medium/large ripe avocado, pitted
4 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tbls water
1/4 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
For the Loaded sweet potatoes
1 tbls extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup diced sweet onion
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp chili powder1/4 ground cumin
1 can of black beans
fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh lime juice
2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a fork, poke several holes into each potato. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 45-75 min (timing depends on the size), until the flesh is tender and you can easily slide a knife through the center. After baking, let the potatoes cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Make the avocado cilantro crema. In a food processor, process the cilantro and garlic until minced. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until mostly smooth. There might be small bits of cilantro, but this is okay.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and black beans and cook for another minute or two. Add the salt, pepper, and lime juice and stir again to combine.
- Assemble the sweet potatoes Slice each potato in half lengthwise. With a knife, score the flesh in a crisscross pattern. Gently mash the flesh with a fork to fluff. Sprinkle on some sea salt and pepper to season.
- Layer the avocado crema and black beans by the spoonful across each potato half. Garnish each with green onion, a pinch of chili powder and cumin, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. serve immediately. Enjoy!